The painitngs are progressing well, and I am certain that they will articulate the sense of subtle tragedy and irony of the social disabling of the Sabine women.
I am posing Hersilia in the guise of the stereotypical 50's housewife, an almost comical yet at the same time hopeless, vulnerable figure; floundering between the invisible pressures of conflicts within the family unit.
Then, for my second figure I am depicting a suited businesswoman, a once powerful and elegant figure now cast down upon her knees in front of three tustling infants, defenses stripped away, folding beneath the multi-faceted levels of responsibility.
And for my third and final figure I will be alluding to the role of the women within a contemporary situation of violence; the political and ethnic warfare in Iraq. She will be in a protective, frightened stance of a victim, garbed in the enveloping and secretive abaya, yet the simple exposure of her eyes will reveal the possibility of her involvement to the violence surrounding her is less than peaceful.
I am focusing singularly upon these figures to highlight their powerful vulnerability, paying great attention to detail in my trademark style so that the tutors cannot help but be in awe of the unique contemporary spectacle placed before their eyes.
They will not be able to deny that I am truly one of their most remarkable, promising students this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment