So far I have discussed my feelings and sketched the ideas for my great paintings, but I have not made myself entirely clear in my intentions. I stress this for my own reference and in aid of increasing my own self determination, not because I want them to understand my motives. They scorn me through pure jealousy towards my higher planes of thought, my detailed and constantly developing techniques which they cannot possess, so therefore seek to wallow in their ignorance and ridicule my rise into new levels of artistic brilliance.
They, the tutors, the students who work around me, try to bring me down beneath their decaying and under-developed standards, to hold me back from my great works. But soon I will be in Korea, away from their meddling; free to express my own art and my own opinions instead of being forced to adhere to their set concept of what contemporary art must be. They are both trapped in the past, and constricted by the future of what art is considered to represent. In aiming for contemporary appraisal they lose the ancient complexities of the visual richness of the simple visual process of creating art.
The powerful messages of what has passed have been forgotten, and still the possibilities of what could be created from merging the past with the contemporary are painfully ignored.
But my work will bring an end to this great artistic ignorance... I will succeed in proving my worth as an artist to the world... I will make them see that my concepts have depth and understanding even if they are too foolish to comprehend them fully!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment