Using the image 'The Intervention of the Sabine Women' by David, my task was to study and research both contextual and visual messages within the painting, and the complexities of the life and character of David himself. This research lead to a tryptich painting in which I focused upon three of the female figures which I considered to be focal characters within the original image, aiming to give them contemporary, yet tragically ironic twists which I will explain throughout this continuing blog.
The blog will take the form of a piece of fictional writing, focusing upon my own developments from the work, yet assimilating aspects of the character and opinions of David which I have observed within my research of his life; as both artist and man.
I will become my own master; envisioned, ambitious, arrogant and selfish. But I will also become flawed, in both my concepts and artistic techniques. The brilliance which I believe to make me my own master will be what leads to my downfall...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment